Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 2

A word to the wise: carefully read your juice labels. The other week at Dillon's, I snagged some Kroger brand apple juice. When I got home and drank some, it tasted...not very apple-y. I looked more closely at the label. It was apple juice cocktail. The product only contained 25% juice, and the 3rd ingredient on the ingredient list was high fructose corn syrup. It had the same amount of calories as regular apple juice, but most of the calories came from HFCS. Juice is pretty high calorie anyways, so if you're going to drink juice, make sure you're drinking 100% juice so you get the nutritional benefits - juice can be loaded with vitamins and antioxidants!

I slept late, so did not eat breakfast.

Lunch (11:15 a.m.)
1/4 homemade chicken pot pie (yes, it was good enough to eat it 4 meals in a row!)
2 c. homemade roasted cauliflower soup
10 oz. apple juice cocktail

Snack (4:00 p.m.):
1/2 c. homemade lentil soup

Snack (5:30 p.m.):
2 c. skim milk
4 mini-pies (blackberry and apple, no sugar added)
(No, this was not a healthy choice...but sometimes you have to eat what will satisfy you)

Tonight I went to a party where dinner was served. There were lots of very tasty sweets, which are my downfall.

Dinner (7:00 p.m.)
1 2/3 c. corn chowder
3 oz whole grain bread
1/2 teaspoon butter
5 mini-pies (the ones I made)
4 small rice crispy treats (2 coated in chocolate, 2 coated in white chocolate)
8 oz apple cider

I definately over-indulged on the sweets - need to work on that self control.

Today I consumed 2599 calories as indicated by the tracking system on mypyramid.gov. As previously stated, consuming 2680 calories or less per day for me (based on height, age, weight and activity level), will result in 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week. Although I over-indulged in sweets, I still met my calorie goal for the day. Tomorrow is a new day and I will eat more nutritious foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment