Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 8

Today woke up at 9:00 a.m., then spent an hour and a half in bed thinking (mostly about how to respond when confronted by Fred Phelps) and reading Women's Health magazine. Then I showered. Then I checked e-mail, checked facebook, texted my friend Jon, and checked the mail. Finally I got around to cooking what I shall refer to as "brunch"...

Brunch (11:15 a.m.):
2 slices bacon
1 omlette
    1.5 tablespoons bacon grease
    1 cup raw spinach leaves
    2 large eggs
    2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
2 c. coffee w/ 2 tablespoons f.f. hazlenut creamer

Have I mentioned that I'm not really a morning person? Oh, you're still hung up on the bacon grease? Well, bacon grease and all, this was about a 460 calorie breakfast. I didn't add bacon grease, I just used what was left after frying the bacon to sautee the spinach and eggs. Don't judge me.

Lunch (2:00 p.m.):
2.5 c. cooked white rice w/ 1/3 teaspoon olive oil
5 oz roast beef
1 c. gravy (with few mushrooms and onions)
1.5 c. raw spinach

Cut beef into bite size pieces, toss into skillet on medium heat. Add leftover gravy, and a bit of water. Stir to incorporate. Let beef heat through until tender. At last minute, add spinach, let wilt. Serve over rice. Voila, lunch.

Dinner (7:30 p.m.):
2 small potatoes cooked "crash hot" style (see post from yesterday)
4 oz roast beef
1 c. gravy
1 cup Minute Maid pomegranate-blueberry juice

Total of 2400 calories today.

No comments:

Post a Comment