Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 4

I woke up in time for a late breakfast. The kitchen still smelled like baked goods, so I couldn't resist having some of the galettes for breakfast. Not exactly the healthiest choice, but small portions soothe my sweet tooth and at least they have some nutritents in the fruit.

Breakfast (10:30 a.m.):
1/10 of apple galette
1/10 of blackberry galette
1 1/2 c. skim milk

Lunch (12:15 p.m.):
1 1/2 c. homemade lentil soup
1 1/2 c. pomegranate-blueberry juice (Minute Maid)

This afternoon I distributed the remainder of the apple galette and the blackberry galetter to friends. No more sugary, buttery temptation! When I stopped at my friend Jon's house, he invited me to sample some Coke chicken (chicken breast with Coca-Cola based barbecue sauce) and a potato cassarole (with butter and sour cream).

Snack (4:30 p.m.):
1 Diet Dr. Pepper (although diet soda has no calories, some studies indicate that sugar substitutes can have an effect on your insulin production and blood sugar).
3 oz chicken with sauce
1 1/4 cup potato cassarole

Dinner (6:00 p.m.):
1 egg sandwich
    1 whole wheat english muffin
    1 slice bacon
    1 large egg
    1 slice Tillamook cheddar cheese
1 beer (O'Dell's 90 shilling ale)

This evening I was hungry for something fatty and succulent. Eggs bacon and cheese are not the healthiest of combinations, but they aren't bad in moderation. What I made was more or less an Egg McMuffin. So far I have consumed approximately 2070 calories today, so I will probably have a snack before bed.

I don't have any plans this evening. I will probably hang around the house and watch a movie or read. Usually on Friday and Saturday I go out and have some drinks with friends. The calories in alcohol can add up quickly. A bottle of beer typically has 110-150 calories. A glass of wine typically has 90-110 calories. Liquor mixed with soda water, tonic, or diet soda has 70-100 calories. Cocktails like Margaritas, Apple-tinis and White Russians have anywhere from 200 to 500 calories. If you plan on drinking of the night, be sure to eat light during the day (but of course, have plenty for dinner: no drinking on an empty stomach!) to make sure that your alcohol consumption doesn't bust your diet.

Late night snack (11:00 p.m.):
1 Weight Watchers ice cream bar
1 1/2 c. skim milk

Final total is 2284 calories for the day. And I spent the evening playing Monopoly online, if you were interested in how I spent my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment