Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 3

Once again I am up late, so no breakfast.

Lunch (11:30 a.m.):
1 1/2 c. homemade lentil soup
1/2 c. f.f., no sugar added peach yogurt
1 1/2 c. coffee w/ 1 tablespoon f.f. hazlenut creamer

About my homemade lentil soup:
I do my lentil soup a couple of different ways, but this time I started with 3 slices of bacon, cut them into small pieces and sauteed them in the bottom of a big pot to render the fat. I then added 1/2 chopped onion, 2 ribs of celery, sliced, 3 carrots, sliced, and 2 cloves of garlic, chopped, and sauteed until the vegetables were soft. I then added approximately 4 cups of lentils that had been soaked overnight, drained and rised. On top of it I poured about 6-8 cups of homemade chicken broth (Remember the chicken pot pie? That's what I did with the carcass of that bird). Then I allowed it to simmer for about 1 hour. Voila, lentil soup.

Dinner (6:45 p.m.):
1 3/4 c. lentil soup
1 wheat english muffin w/1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese

Snack (9:00 p.m.):
1/10 homemade blackberry galette
1/10 homemade apple galette
12 oz skim milk

Tried making galettes this evening with fillings leftover from yesterday's mini-pies. They turned out well, but now I have to find someone to give them to so that I don't eat them all myself.

Today I have consumed approximately 1600 calories. It is not necessarily a good idea for me to consume fewer than 2200 calories on a regular basis until I lose more weight. Eating significantly fewer calories than my body currently consumes for extended periods will lead to rapid, unsustainable weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment