Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 5

I actually woke up in time for breakfast this morning, but instead of eating, I stayed in bed and read for a bit, then my Dad called and I talked to him for a while. Let the record show that I have nothing against breakfast. I love breakfast, really! I just don't always eat it...but sometimes I do eat breakfast food for dinner (remember last night's homemade Egg McMuffin?). That counts, right?

Lunch (11:30 a.m.)
Chicken Salad Sandwich
    1 whole wheat English muffin (I've run out of regular bread...)
    2/3 c. homemade curried chicken salad
    A few spinach leaves
1 pear
1 2/3 c. skim milk

About my homemade curried chicken salad:
Remember the chicken that provided the filling for my pot pie earlier in the week and the broth for my lentil soup? Well, there was some meat leftover (about 1/2 chicken worth), so I made some chicken salad! This particular incarnation of my chicken salad includes about 3 cups chicken, 1/2 cup lite mayonaise, 1/8 cup golden raisins, 1/8 cup chopped smoked almonds, 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1 teaspoon smoked spanish paparika. I use just enough mayonaise to hold the ingredients together - I like my chicken salad on the 'dry' side, and this also helps cut calories.

Snack (1:30 p.m.):
1 apple
1 slice Tillamook cheddar cheese
1 c. Minute Maid Pommegranate Blueberry juice

Dinner (5:00 p.m.):
Chicken Salad Sandwich
    1 whole wheat English muffin
    2/3 c. homemade curried chicken salad
    A few spinach leaves

Snack (7:30 p.m.):
3 c. popcorn, popped in oil, salted

Snack (1:30 a.m.):
1 c. skim milk

Today I consumed approxmately 1651 calories - not quite enough. Should have had a bigger snack when I got home late.

No comments:

Post a Comment